Installing recessed lighting in a finished room

Old 02-22-05, 07:27 AM
WeekendDIY'er
Visiting Guest
Installing recessed lighting in a finished room

Good Morning all:

My wife and I are refinishing each room in our new home one by one. We have already completed the first floor rooms and are now working our way through the second floor.

The problem is that we'd now like to install recessed lighting in two of the finished rooms on the first floor as well as in the rooms we're in the middle of refinishing on the second floor.

Our question is: can recessed lighting be installed after painting a room without having to repaint again?

I can understand that on the 2nd floor, you could access the ceiling through the floor of the attic and likely drop wires between the studs to get them where you need them. How does this work for the first floor ceiling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're about to paint a room and would hate to have to redo it after lights are installed?

Old 02-22-05, 11:50 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Done carefully, installation of remodel cans would not require any repainting. However, that doesn't address how you would get power to the cans. Getting the cables there may require a bit of drywall damage and repair, and thus a bit of repainting. The details depend on where you'd pull power from.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: