recessed lighting

Old 03-05-05, 10:00 AM
budman
Visiting Guest
recessed lighting

Iam wondering how i can install recessed lights in my living room. there is no attic, so it kinda looks like this ^ but not as steep. the other problem is there is no lights in the ceiling now. thanx for the builder that though of that one. There isn't a problemputting the cans in the ceiling just figuring out how to run the wiring throughout the ceiling. i would like to put 8 cans in. is there any possible way to put a picture on this post?

Old 03-05-05, 11:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's really not the builder's fault. It's the fault of the person who had the house builts. Ceiling lights in living rooms are not nearly an automatic thing.
Many people like lamps better than ceiling lights. I myself like recessed accent lights. Not general light spread all over the room.

It's hard to tell from your description. Do you mean you have cathedral ceilings in this room? If so then the only way to do this is to notch the sheetrock and framing to allow the wires to pass from the walls to the ceiling. Then you'll need to notch between lights which cross framing members.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: