Ceiling Fan Placement

Old 04-13-05, 11:31 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan Placement

I have a fairly large master bedroom (16'x20'). I am having a ceiling fan installed in a few days. My question is, do I put the fan in the center of the room or do I center it somewhat over the sleeping area?

Old 04-13-05, 05:41 PM
Its really a matter of personal preference and increased expense.Yoy may want to go so far as to install 2 fans spaced properly apart.For example my living room is 14' x 22' wiht a vaulted ceiling.The dining room leads right into it {i.e no partition wall}.I can't imagine only having 1 fan in this case.

Old 04-13-05, 08:23 PM
J
I prefer it centered over the foot of the bed. That way you can run it on low on a hot night and get a gentle breeze on your head (it doesn't blow straight down). I think a remote control is good on a fan here, so that you can turn it off in the middle of the night if it starts to make you cold. But it doesn't make a very good light source here, and the wall switch is relatively useless if you use a remote control, so I'd probably pass on the light kit.

Old 04-14-05, 06:36 AM
S
I did get a remote control but the fan does have a light kit. I am getting a lot of people telling me that if it isn't centered in the room, then I will get cool and hot pockets. The room does have vaulted ceilings but this fan is being put up to keep us cool in the summer.

Old 04-14-05, 07:39 AM
J
It usually doesn't matter if you have hot and cold pockets. As long as where you are is comfortable, who cares if it's hot over in the corner where you are not. You'll only be using the fan when you are in the room. There's no point in running the fan when you're not there.

Old 04-14-05, 07:52 AM
S
Thank you....that makes perfect sense to me...not so much to a couple of my friends. I am going to take your advice and put it at the foot of the bed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: