question for lighting

Old 08-28-05, 10:15 PM
M
mudhen
Visiting Guest
Question question for lighting

I am running fluorescent lights in my closets and the are a few lights in the circuit ie: incendescent to fluorescent to fluorescent to fluorescent to incandescent.

My question is can I connect the switch wire and the power wire(to supply power to the next light) inside the housing of the fluorescent light fixture itself or do I need to put a junction box by each light and just run the power wires to the light fixture?

Any help would be appreciated..

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-05, 07:23 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The wiring compartment inside a fluorescent fixture substitutes for a junction box. You do not also need a junction box in the wall.

I hope you are aware of all the complicated clearance requirements for lighting in closets. The electrical code is very, very particular about exactly where you put lights in closets, and of course for very good reason considering all the flamable stuff in there.

Old 08-29-05, 03:49 PM
M
mudhen
Visiting Guest
Question

John,

Thanks for the advise...

I am building the closets downstairs the same dimensions as the closets upstairs. The finished depth is 25" and the light is right above the bifold doors with a switch to the side. So the shelving is going to be around 12" from the light.

Jim