adding a motion sensor

Old 08-29-05, 04:28 PM
bobvan
Visiting Guest
adding a motion sensor

I have a three way light system outside my house. All three lights are on the same circuit (on/off switch). I want to add a motion detector to this circuit. If I add the motion detector will it operator all three lights plus motion detector light as motion detectors , or will have to change the three lights to motion detection lights?

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-05, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobvan
I have a three way light system outside my house. All three lights are on the same circuit (on/off switch). I want to add a motion detector to this circuit. If I add the motion detector will it operator all three lights plus motion detector light as motion detectors , or will have to change the three lights to motion detection lights?

any help would be appreciated.

The motion detector would have to be connected to the switch leg before it hits the lights. This depends on how everything is wired.

I am not a big fan of these since they are so hard to adjust. It sounds like you are putting this on your porch and two coach lights. Do you realy want these going on and off all night?
If you don't mind them being on all night but just don't want the hassle of turning them on and off there are timers that you can put in place of the switch.