Help! Pulled chain out of light fixture and it's still on

Old 09-24-05, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Pulled chain out of light fixture and it's still on

My husband was attempting to turn a light off, and inadvertently pulled the chain out and the light didn't go off - we've removed the lightbulb and very carefully unscrewed the fixture from the ceiling... it's basicallly just a lightbulb in the ceiling of the washer/dryer closet... to see if there was any chain left to pull, but there isn't -- we're concerned that the fixture is still "on" - is there anything we can do before we call in an electrician to turn the thing off??

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-05, 02:35 PM
There is little concern needed really. You have the bulb removed so there is no danger of it causing a fire or anything such as that. I've replaced many of these types of lights, and they are pretty easy to replace. Just ensure you have the power turned of to the light, fuse or beaker. Then just remove the entire fixture and replace it, or if you handy enough, just replace the socket and chain. If you have any concerns on whether you're capable, an electrician can do this for you at a nominal fee.

Old 09-24-05, 05:03 PM
Thank you so much for your response, i've been kind of worried about it all day, i'm so glad to know there's not much to worry about... i'll likely call an electrician since wei've never done anything electrical at all, but thank you so much for putting my mind at ease!!