Replacing existing fixture with recess lights

Old 10-04-05, 09:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Replacing existing fixture with recess lights

I want to replace my flush mounted indoor lights with recess lights (remodel type) . My question is how to easily remove the existing metal junction box so I can put the recess light in same location. I'm sure the junction box has other pipes attached to it. Thanks.
Old 10-04-05, 02:58 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your house wired with conduit? Do you live in the greater Chicago area?

Once you cut the hole for the recessed light, you should have plenty of clearance to remove the box.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: