Two motion detector lights on one circuit?

Old 10-23-05, 08:40 PM
Skyangel
Visiting Guest
Two motion detector lights on one circuit?

I have one circuit for my ourdoor lighting; one light by the front door and one by the garage. They were getting pretty cruddy and I decided to replace them. The one by the front door was a coach light with one pane of the glass taken out and an add-on motion detector screwed in between the socked and the bulb. The garage light did not have a bulb in the fixture at all. They are wired in series, power goes through the one by the door first (I have two white and two black wires) and then to the garage.

I bought two new brass coach lights with built-in motion detectors (Regent brand, 3-in-1 model will do motion detector dusk-t0-dawn, or standard) and installed them. The one by the garage works perfectly, the one by the front door will not. The guy at the hardware store where I bought them said it would work to have two on the curcuit, but I might have to fool it by tweeking with the bulbs or something. The installation guide with the lights recommended against more than one light on a circuit.

I wanted to have the one on the garage set on dusk-to-dawn, and the one by the front door do motion detector. Is there a way to make this work on the same circuit? Thanks for any help.

Old 10-24-05, 07:46 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The issue isn't so much more than one light on a circuit, but more than one controlled by the same switch. The restriction is based on the override sequence using the switch. If you don't need the motion sensing capability for the garage light, I suggest you replace the fixture with one that only does light detection.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: