wiring a triple switch help

Old 11-20-05, 06:06 PM
seapup0
Visiting Guest
wiring a triple switch help

I installed 2 bathroom fan/light combos in the ceiling. I ran a wire to each light and a wire to one fan to which I added a jumper to the other fan. Then I connected a levitron triple rocker switch by tying all the whites together with the white from another switch (power supply) and ran a pigtail to the common lug on the triple switch. I then attached the 3 black wires coming from the lights and fan(s) to the 3 push in connections on the triple switch. I then ran a power supply(black wire) from the same switch i took a white jumper from and connected it to the center lug on the triple switch, same side as the 3 black wires are connected to.
Ok now the problem, the switch that tapped to power the triple switch now will not turn off the light that it controlled. On the triple switch 1 circuit is working, the center switch (which is the one I connected the jumper to) the other two are not working. Please help.

Old 11-21-05, 05:28 PM
J
Received 300 Votes on 257 Posts
The switch you tapped into, did it have only two wires(black and white) both attached to the switch? If it did you can not get power from this switch. It is part of a switch loop and there is no neutral wire there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: