wojo

Old 01-20-06, 04:54 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wojo

We have a Hunter remote control ceiling fan/light. The unit emitted 3 flashes of light and one of the four bulbs burned out. When we went to turn the light off with the remote control, the light would not turn off. The remote still works the fan, but not the light. The only way we could get the light to turn off was to throw the circuit breaker. Has anyone run across this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-06, 05:37 PM
J
Hard to say for sure. The remote may be toast, either the transmitter or the receiver. The receiver has a dimmer in it, and dimmers are fairly fragile.

I assume that you mean that you can still turn the fan on and off and select speeds with the remote transmitter. Right?

I strongly recommend you call Hunter's customer service. They have great customer service, and I've heard many stories of them sending replacement parts without charge if they believe that the problem may be theirs.

Old 01-20-06, 06:18 PM
G
Yes Fan still works

Yes, you are correct, the fan still works from the remote control. We'll check the receiver tomorrow and call Hunter customer service as you suggested.