One power source, two lights, two switches

Old 01-22-06, 07:59 PM
roskam
Visiting Guest
One power source, two lights, two switches

I am wiring in my basement and would like to use one breaker to power two separate lights fixtures. I have one bedroom where I would like one light and switch and another bedroom with the same. What would be the best route for me to go. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-06, 11:16 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It depends on the structure layout really, as to what is easiest.

Likely, it will be easier to run power to one fixture, then to then next, and a switch loop from each fixture to its switch.

Simpler, electrically,would be to pull power from a nearbe recepticle serving the bedroom, to the switch, then to the light.

Old 01-23-06, 11:33 AM
J
Received 212 Votes on 188 Posts
It's a bedrrom AFCI breakers are required. There are many different ways this can be done. It all depends on the layout of the rooms and power location.
Depending on layout you could run power to lights then use switch loop from each light to the switches or you could run power to the switches then from each switch to the light it controls. You could also go to light1 with power then the SW2. Use a switch loop to control light 1 and the run switched power fro sw2 to light two. If you want to use 14/3 there some other choices as well.