Larger Ceiling Fan Canopy

Old 02-20-06, 11:59 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Larger Ceiling Fan Canopy

Just trying to find out if there are any larger ceiling fan canopies somewhere. I went to Lowes and Home Depot, and they have ceiling fan canopies, but they are all the same size. I need a larger one and can't seem to find any place that sells larger canopies.

Here's my situation. The light switch in my living room is literally dead center of my outer wall ... right where the tv is. Since my home is older, I have plaster walls so I cannot move the wiring to a door switch without a lot of trouble. The solution we have is one of those wireless remotes that we have installed. That also is the problem. With that in place, the normal canopies will not go on anymore, so I need a wider / deeper canopy. This is on a pole mounted fan.

Old 02-20-06, 11:36 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unforunately, they do not sell replacement canopies in various sizes. It's pretty hard to find replacement canopies in the first place, and when you do find one, they're all the same size.

Some of those remote receiver kits, the receiver is designed to go between the canopy and the ceiling, as opposed to inside the canopy.

Other than that . . . you could always run wiring ON the wall i.e. wiremold.

but I cant think offhand of any fans that had canopies significantly larger than usual. Some older fans, such as SMC and Evergo, had TINY canopies.

I forgot to include canopies in my parts list, so I'll have to update it in your honor. I never would have thought anyone would be looking for a replacement canopy, but you've given me a good reason why.

PS what model is the fan?

This thread has been edited.

No Ads, Surveys, Advertisements, Solicitations or Pyramid Schemes Allowed In The Forum Topics.

Advertisements within the forum topics or within replies posted or within personal signatures or including email addresses within replies or signatures is not allowed on this web site. Surveys, Ads, Advertisements, Solicitations to market products, services or to hire person(s) to perform work is not allowed in any forum topics.

Signatures cannot contain pictures, links, ads and or advertisements of any type. Members may include a favorite quote, phrase, personal note and or reminder, as part of the signature.

Posting email addresses for others to contact to obtain information or to market products or directing anyone to personal web sites which can market products or solicit services, etc are not allowed. There Are No Exceptions.

Members posting any of the above or similar, anywhere on the web site are doing so in violations to the policy and are subjected to suspension or banning.

No topics are to be used for personal gain using any method. Allowing any of the above degrades the entire web site for all concerned parties. Read the forum sticky note for additional detailed information.

Doug Aleshire
Super Moderator 2

Last edited by majakdragon; 02-21-06 at 06:46 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: