Outdoor low voltage - how many lights?

Old 02-28-06, 08:56 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor low voltage - how many lights?

The side yard of the house is in three levels. Bottom level has an above ground lap pool with a picnic area. Above that by about 10 feet is a large patio area at about 40 ' by 100 '. (stairs on one side and a curved road/walkway going up on the other side. Above that is another level about 30' x 30' with another picnic area and outdoor fire pit, also with stairs on one side and the road continuing up on the far side. Currently have about 30 solar lights along the stairs. Just enough so someone doesn't kill themselves if its dark outside, but we use flashlights to move between levels right now.

I want to install low voltage lighting around the perimeter of both the middle and upper levels and along the road/walkway down to the pool area. On the side of the house is a spa box with 220 direct wired to the spa and a 110 outlet coming out of that panel.

I haven't done much research on low voltage yet and don't know much about them. Packages at Home Depot/Lowes don't say much. How many lights can I run on one converter and on one circuit? Will this draw too much power away from the spa? Have access to an additional outdoor outlet but won't be easy to run because of it's location.

Any advice or guidance is very much appreciated!

Old 03-01-06, 11:15 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The package should have that info on it.

Check to see that outlet is properly wired. If it is coming off the spa box, there is a likely chance it is wrong.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: