Ceiling fan to light with multiple switches

Old 03-04-06, 02:30 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan to light with multiple switches

I've removed a ceiling fan/light in hopes of replacing it with a standard dome light in the kitchen. Doing this by flashlight in the dark I didn't pay to much attention to what I disconnected, and am not sure of how the original setup was like. the situation I'm in right now is that there are two wall switches that controled the power to the fan/light, and in the light box there are 2 red wires, 4 white, and 4 black. One wall switch has a 1 black,1 white,and 1 red wire in it the other has 2 red and 1 white. This circut feeds another light in the kitchen controled from a different switch altogether as well as a few power outlets in the living room.
I have tried several different senerios for wiring this together but the best I've been able to get has been to have the light be on with no on/off control with either switch. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-06, 03:08 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
figured it out

I just realized I've being connecting up the wrong red wire to the black lighting line. Things seem to be working properly now and chalk this one up to working to long into the wee hours.