"touch" lamp - repairable?

Old 03-05-06, 04:21 PM
"touch" lamp - repairable?

One of the kids has a three bulb "touch lamp" - it used to light 1,2,all 3, then off with each consecutive touch of the lamp. Now it only lights all three when plugged in - to turn off it has to be unplugged.

Are these repairable or should I just install a line switch in the cord? (Kid loves the dumb thing - hope I can fix it)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-06, 05:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have seen the replacement parts available in the big box stores. The part was about $9. You just need to remove the felt covering over the lamp base to access the part.

Old 03-05-06, 06:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
home depot has the part to replace the bad one in your lamp.. I believe Lowes also carries it..

Old 05-04-09, 07:24 PM
Unhappy

I too, love these touch lamps. Mine no longer have the 'touch' feature - can only turn off by unplugging from the wall. Bought the ACE Dimmer sensor - max 150 watts. Lamp wires not similar to the sensor wire colours. Looked for a wiring diagram but no luck. Any ideas how to connect these? Lamp has black, white, green and black power cord. Sensor has grey, brown, black and yellow. Suspect the blacks connect (hot) and the yellow/green (gnd) connect. Leaves grey and brown. Any ideas? TIA.