Fuse on chandelier keeps blowing!

Old 03-18-06, 03:37 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fuse on chandelier keeps blowing!

Connected chandelier the same way I think the previous light fixture was connected (black to red, white wire from unit to 3 white wires from ceiling, green to screw). Chandelier works for about 2 or 3 days perfectly fine, then the fuse blows. Replace fuse and same thing happens again. What's going on?

Old 03-18-06, 04:11 PM
J
Received 295 Votes on 254 Posts
What else is on the circuit? How many watts of lights are in the new chandelier? How many watts were in the old fixture? What amps is the fuse for the circuit?

Old 03-18-06, 04:39 PM
D
Same circuit as microwave, not aware of anything else (microwave is unaffected when fuse for chandelier blows).

New chandelier has 10 20-watt bulbs. Old one had 2 100-watt bulbs.

The fuse for the fixture is 3.15 amps.

Only other information that might be connected - when it was working, there was a buzzing sound. From the other posts, people seem to suggest this is due to quality of bulbs, so probably not related, but just in case.

Old 03-18-06, 07:04 PM
J
Received 295 Votes on 254 Posts
I have never seen a fixture with a fuse built into it. Are you in North America? Sounds like you might be in UK, Europe or Australia.

Old 03-18-06, 09:01 PM
D
I am in New York, bought the fixture at Home Depot. I guess the fixture could be foreign, don't remember, didn't keep the box and can't find it on website.

Old 03-10-08, 01:30 PM
Y
Dancer, we may have the same chandelier. I bought mine from Home Depot 2 1/2 yrs ago, haven't had any problems with the fuse until February of this year.

Bought 2 3.15amp fuses from Ace Hardware, but those blew as well....anyone know what I can do to fix this? I haven't added any new appliances at all. And I really love this chandelier, my friends tell me to just get a new one, but none of the ones look as nice.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: