recessed outlet box


Old 04-06-06, 01:42 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
recessed outlet box

I am looking to install an outlet box behind an electronic dart board/cabinet. I need an outlet for the dart board and one for the picture light illuminating the dart board. Both use transformer "bricks". Is there such a thing as a recessed old work receptacle box that would allow me to hang the cabinet flush with the wall and still plug in both? I thought there was one made for clocks but I cannot find it.
Old 04-06-06, 07:00 PM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 15,224
Received 105 Votes on 91 Posts
The only clock receptacle that I have seen are a single receptacle.

I doubt that you could fit a transformer brick in the recess. has a single receptacle #S3731
Old 02-28-07, 12:08 PM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
recessed box

There is a very small plug called a clock receptical whitch fits in a regular box. most eletrical stores will have it.The best fix is a Box by Recessed eletrical designs. com they have some products that might help. Good luck Joe
Old 03-29-08, 03:46 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Yeah, ive gotten mine at this place in the past. They have lots of specialty wall plates as well as lots of mounting accesories for flat screen tv's.

They also have some guides for how to set up some home theater stuff... not sure if that interests you... but at the very least, its a place to buy the recessed outlets

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: