Light on garage door opener won't turn off.

Old 05-12-06, 08:18 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Light on garage door opener won't turn off.

The light on my garage door opener won't go off like it used to. I thought they were on some sort of timer for a couple minutes or so! Anybody got any ideas for me to check into?
Thanks Karen

Old 05-12-06, 08:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That issue is bound to literally be soldered onto the printed circuit board inside. You probably need a new board. But if I were you I would call up the 800 number of the company and talk to someone to be sure. In all the years I have been doing maintenance, and over about 20 have openers...I have gotten many calls about many things with the garage doors/openers/remotes...but never a light staying on. (Kiss of death: Probably will happen tomorrow.)

Old 05-12-06, 08:27 PM
F
please see my reply about the motion sensor the answer will be the same as well i am sure the power surge did funny thing with circuit board.

Merci, Marc

Old 05-12-06, 08:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by french277V
please see my reply about the motion sensor the answer will be the same as well i am sure the power surge did funny thing with circuit board.

Merci, Marc
I just did.

Old 05-21-06, 03:28 PM
J
I have seen this problem before. The relay contacts were welded together. I suspect the light bulb burned out with a flash and the high current during the burnout welded the contacts.
Anyway, if you have basic electronic and soldering skills, you can easily replace the relay.

Old 05-21-06, 04:08 PM
J
Received 294 Votes on 253 Posts
My opener has a button on the wall control to turn on the light. Timer won't work if light has been turned on by wall button.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: