How can I soften fluorescent lighting

Old 05-19-06, 01:47 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question How can I soften fluorescent lighting

I have 26 4ft x 2 ft flourecent lights in my shop and I am looking for an inexpensive way to soften the light. I know there is a product available in Quebec to glue over the plexi glass but it would cost in excess of $4000.00 to do that. Do you know if there is a less costly yet effective way?

Old 05-19-06, 03:46 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jules2006
I have 26 4ft x 2 ft flourecent lights in my shop and I am looking for an inexpensive way to soften the light. I know there is a product available in Quebec to glue over the plexi glass but it would cost in excess of $4000.00 to do that. Do you know if there is a less costly yet effective way?
$154 per fixture for whatever you speak of??? Is that a typo?

Are these lay-in fixtures? What type of lense do they have?

Old 05-19-06, 04:57 PM
J
Not a typo. The company is called Lumigraf - lumigraf.ca The type I enquired about is alabaster.

Old 05-19-06, 06:22 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jules2006
Not a typo. The company is called Lumigraf - lumigraf.ca The type I enquired about is alabaster.
WOW! pretty neat stuff.

I can think of nothing that even comes close to this. This definitely high end stuff.

Sorry.

btw: you never did answer the other questions. Others may have ideas and that may help them.

Old 05-19-06, 07:09 PM
C
You could:

1. Change to 25 watt lamps (shoplights, etc., assuming you use 40 watt or 34 watt lamps now)

2. Change the color of the lamps you have now - Warm Whites, perhaps.

3. Fog the inside of the lenses with the paint they use to create imitatation frosted glass, or perhaps just clear matte finish (will require some experimentation).

4. Replace your lenses with "milk white" lenses for a coupla bucks per fixture. Get acrylic - the styrene ones yellow quickly.

Just how big is this shop, anyway?

Old 05-19-06, 08:45 PM
F
that website look pretty neat.

but the question is how many lamp you have in the lumiaire now ?

I know other person ask you with T-12 wattage 40watts or 34 watts
keep in your mind the 25 watts only work with resdentail ballast with low power factor [ if ran in high power factor ballast it will " over lamp " it

Normally most commercal area the typical bulbs useally are 32 watts T-8 either electronic or magnatic ballast

if this place have electronic ballasted lumiaires please let me know maybe there is a trick to delamp one bulb. going from 4 to 3 other wise if have 2 ballast you can disable one set of ballast.

before you do this try to change bulb colour type like from 4100K to 3500 K or vie verisa

let us know then we can able guide tu this one

Merci, marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: