3-way CFL won't fit, neither will harp extenders

Old 09-19-06, 10:35 AM
W
wgc
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3-way CFL won't fit, neither will harp extenders

I'm trying to use a 3-way CFL bulb in a table lamp, but it won't fit. I am hoping someone will come up with a suggestion: I'm a fan of CFLs and would like to take advantage of them but they still don't fit anywhere.

I noticed my local big box store is again carrying 3-way CFL bulbs after not stocking them for a couple of years so I picked one up to replace a burned out bulb on a table lamp. However it didn't fit under the harp. It did include a pair of plastic harp extenders which seemed just big enough to do the job, however they won't fit on the lamp. This brand (Stiffel) of table lamp is very well built and apparently has extra thick metal where the harp attaches. The plastic extenders are too small.

I can't bend the lamp without ruining the harp sockets for normal usage. I can't buy a larger harp without replacing the shade as well, and doing the same for the matching lamp. I can't enlarge the hole on the extenders because the plastic is too thin. I haven't had any luck googling for different styles of extenders or anything specifically compatible with that brand.

Am I out the $10 for the bulb or does anyone have any ideas?

Old 09-20-06, 10:57 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Make your own harp extenders out of steel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: