Low/Line Voltage Lighting

Old 12-25-06, 01:31 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Low/Line Voltage Lighting

I currently have a circuit where power comes out of the switch and goes to five recessed low voltage lamps in the ceiling. They are laid out in an X pattern with the center one over a dining table. The transformers are in the cans, so it is line voltage up to them. Can I remove the center can and replace it with a ceiling box and a line voltage lamp? It seems there are many more lighting options that way. Thanks in advance... Andrew

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-06, 01:42 PM
Y
As long as it's 120 volts to each light with an integral transformer at each light it should be ok. If they are all daisy chained together then you won't have any individual control over the center light without additional rewiring.

Old 12-25-06, 08:53 PM
D
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't concerned with controlling it individually as much as the compatibility.
Another question, I have low voltage pendant lighting that also have internal transformers over an island in my kitchen. They required a special dimmer switch to control them. Could I use that same type of dimmer to control a line voltage lamp with the four low voltage lamps as stated above? Thanks again... Andrew