flickering lights

Old 01-17-07, 11:52 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
flickering lights

I have a halogen fixture,with 4 bulbs in it. They flicker at a high speed,so much so,that it is annoying.

I do not know enough about halogen bulbs to know if that is the nature of the beast.

I went in the panel and tightened the neutral, thinking that mabey that might solve the problem. And it did....for a while.

Now I'm wondering if this fixture shares its neutral with the refer,and that I am getting NOISE thru the neutral, from the refer motor as it cycles.

Anything that you can tell me about the flickering halogen lights would be appreciated.

Any troubleshooting tip you could give?

Thank-you in advance. cloud 9

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-07, 04:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Sounds as if you have motor noise causing the flickering. I am assuming "high speed" means the high light setting on a clickable switch. It could also be in the switch if it is clickable, or even if it is a dimmer. The switch could be breaking down at its highest setting. Try changing out the switch with a regular switch and see if it does it then. By using the regular spst switch you will automatically have it on high. Post back with your findings.

Old 01-18-07, 05:17 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank-you for your input...I'll give it a try...and report back.
cloud-9