Flourescent Lighting on Medicine Cabinet

Old 01-18-07, 12:13 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Flourescent Lighting on Medicine Cabinet

I was wondering if flourescent lighting on a medicine cabinet. Does this provide better light than sconces with traditional light bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-07, 02:07 PM
R
Lighting takes into account personal factors and actual light generated. I don't think there is would be a consensus on this.

Some people cannot stand fluorescent lights. Some people love them. How close are the sconces to the cabinet? How high are they? What size (wattage) light bulbs are you using?

Old 01-18-07, 06:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Like Bob said, it breaks down to personal preference. What I have found is it must be dictated by a woman's viewpoint. She is the one who does the makeup etc. in front of the mirror. It, therefore, is important to have a color corrected lighting. Properly placed sconces with a color corrected bulb will make almost anyone happy. Bottom line.

Old 01-20-07, 05:00 PM
F
Thanks

Thanks for your response. We have not purchased anything yet, but I think we are leaning towards a recessed medicine cabinet (roughly 14-16" wide x 20-24" in length) with sconces on each side. Are there any medicine cabinets/medicine cabinet websites that you would recommend? Color-corrected bulbs sound like a great idea.