Distance to hang pendant lights

Old 02-11-07, 07:02 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Distance to hang pendant lights

Can anyone tell me what the recommended distance is to hang pendant lights over an island and a pendant over a dining table is. I want to know the measurement between the bottom of the light and the surface of the island and table. I know I have seen this on remodeling shows but I can't remember.
Thanks!

Old 02-11-07, 07:13 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I would tend to not give a specific dimension for the fact the size of the fixture would tend to change the appropriate height.

I would suggest simply no lower than where one would hit their head and no higher than the ceiling. I know, very funny but it isn;t really meant to be flippant.

A larger fixture would tend to be set higher than a small intimate fixture. It would also depend upon the number of fixtures used as well.

The last trend I took notice of was to use multiple small fixtures which would tend to be set quite low.

The actual design of the fixture would influence the mount height as well. The type and intensity of light woudl change it as well.

Above all else, whatever you like is the best place to hang them. (at least in your house) You are the designer and you make the ultimate decisions. I've seen too many fixtures that hired interior decorators placed that really, well quite simple, ugly and the positioning sucked but that is MY opinion and I didn;t get paid to give my opinion to them.

Old 08-01-08, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How low should I hang my pendants?

Please note: Ceiling-hung fixture(s) should be about 12 " narrower than the diameter of the table and rest at 30" above the tabletop.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: