Wiring a pot rack for light

Old 03-02-07, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring a pot rack for light

I built a wooden pot rack (the sides are 2x4's, which means I have about 3-3/4 inches to work with), and now I'd like to add lighting to it. I figure if I add either a "bath" fixture or double light sconces to the sides, it would mean less work for me.

I can drill for the wiring, but my problem is that I haven't a clue how to do it after that. I don't want to burn my (new) house down.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Marcy

P.S. These forums have been wonderful, thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-07, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Marcy: Why not consider fitting a low voltage track light across the void in the middle, and allow the heads to shine down in the middle part, leaving the edges to hang pots on? Do you have access for power at that location, and is it switched or not?

Old 03-02-07, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are dowels (that I hang pots from) which run from end to end through the middle of the frame of the rack, so I need to add the lights to the outside edge of the rack. I also use those dowels as a shelf for the lids.

A lot of the higher end racks ($500 and above) usually have extra lighting attached to the outsides.

Besides, there is already a (horrible and going to be replaced anyway) fixture over the kitchen island which is where I want to hang it from.