high (higher) output outdoor ceiling fan?

Old 05-29-07, 09:13 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
high (higher) output outdoor ceiling fan?

Hi, we currently have 3 harbor breeze ceiling fans mounted under our pergola outside. They are wet rated w/palm shaped blades.

they look great. but, the air generated from them isn't so great. i just read that with palm shaped blades, you trade looks for performance.

is that true? if so, i guess i could try to replace the blades to see if that makes a difference.

if not, anyone out there have suggestions on a new fan with higher air flow?

thanks,
rob.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-07, 09:19 AM
J
Yes, I'm sure you do trade looks for performance. The box of every fan has a chart of the CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of the fan at each speed. Just compare the numbers. You also need to have good clearance above the fans (i.e., downrods) to get good air flow. And a reasonable clearance from walls.

Old 05-29-07, 09:48 AM
R
thanks for your reply John.

there seems to be adequate clearance above - it's mounted on a cross beam and there's only wooden lattice above it. Also, the width of the patio is about 14' or so, so i would think that would be adequate as well.

i'm going to try to buy a cheap set of replacement blades just to see if that makes a difference. If so, then i'll pick up some nice all weather blades.