My Ceiling Fan Is Not Kool

Old 05-30-07, 07:58 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Ceiling Fan Is Not Kool

My Ceiling Fan Does Not Blow Out Any Air At All. The Blades Do Spin At All Levels. I Tried To Reverse It And The Problem Remains. I Just Moved Into This Home I Am Wondering It Maybe The Blades Were Place On Backwards. Please Advised.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-07, 08:20 PM
J
It's best to turn off the caps lock.

It's not possible to mount blades backwards, but it is possible that your fan is set to blow up rather than down. There is often a small switch on the side of the motor that controls the direction of spin.

Another common problem of a fan not moving much air is if the fan was mounted too close to the ceiling or too close to walls. How far are the blades from the ceiling? And how far are they from the walls?

Note that maybe you're expecting too much from your ceiling fan. A ceiling fan isn't really intended to blow on you like the old box fans. They often move the air more gently.

Another possibility, if your fan speed is being controlled by a remote control, that the pull chain setting is not set to HIGH like it's supposed to be. In this case, your blades may just be moving too slowly.

Old 06-03-07, 06:54 PM
What Mr. Nelson is saying is your blades should be rotating clockwise for a downward flow of air. IF they are rotating counter-clockwise the flow is going up and you move the switch to correct the direction.

Mark_ms