Ceiling Fan w/ remote

Old 06-06-07, 11:27 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan w/ remote

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with a remote. I have hooked it up and turned the power back on, but it will not work (the fan nor the lights work). I have 3 wires (red, black, white) coming from the supply. I have 3 wires (black, white, blue) coming from the fan which I connected to the output of the receiver (black, white, blue). I then connected the input of the receiver which is 2 wires (red and white) to the the supply by connecting white to white, tied the supply black and red together and connected it to the input red of the receiver. I have even tried just connecting the supply black to the input red and capping off the supply red wire, but that didn't work either. I connected the ground of the fan and the mounting plate to the bare wire in the electrical box. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-07, 12:12 PM
J
Make sure the wall switches are on. Make sure the pull chains are on, and that the fan is set on "high" (note that the pull chains don't have a way to tell where they are, so you just have to try all variations). Make sure the dip switch code on the transmitter matches the dip switch code on the receiver. Make sure the batteries in the transmitter are good. Make sure the breaker is on.

If all that fails, tell us what if any electrical test equipment you have. You're going to need some.

Old 06-08-07, 07:46 AM
K
Turned out to be a bad receiver. Replaced it and it works like a champ now.

Thanks for your quick response.

Old 06-08-07, 09:40 AM
J
Thanks for reporting back.