faceplate covers


Old 07-02-07, 06:37 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question faceplate covers

Hi Everyone,
Simple question here. Does anyone know where to get a double faceplate that is larger than the standard size. The drywaller (myself...hehe) cut the hole too big and rather than fix it I'd like to cover it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-07, 07:16 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Most of the big box stores carry what is called a "Jumbo" plate, which takes into consideration uh-oh's. If you don't find them there, a good electrical supply house will have them. But, technically, if the space between the box and the sheetrock exceeds 1/4", you have to repair it anyway. You can't leave a space.
Old 07-02-07, 09:03 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,973
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are three plate sizes. Standard, medium and jumbo. Most big box stores have the typical, common varieties in all three sizes. What they don't have can be ordered or purchased at an electrical supply house.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: