remote control ceiling will dim the light but not turn it off completly

Old 07-02-07, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
remote control ceiling will dim the light but not turn it off completly

My Ceiling fan comes with a remote and i have made sure the batteries are good and the connections are good. The fan will turn on and off, the light will dim, but will not turn off. when i hit the remote button the light will dim half way but wont turn off and when i hit it again the light will come back on. It used to work correctly and now it has messed up for some reason. i need help, someone. the only numbers on the fan i could find were E187140 (sp)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-07, 08:06 AM
Make sure you are correctly following manufacturer's instructions. Most remotes of this kind will control the dim if you hold the button down, but will turn on and off if you momentarily press the button. Make sure you're not holding the button down too long.

Old 07-03-07, 10:00 AM
pressing down too long

thats the weird part. I dont hold the button down for too long.
if i hold it down it will dim to about halfway till the light is off, then it will automaticly go back to bright. if i just tap the button it will go to the halfway till off. It seems like it is on a preset brighness, instead of off, and i don't know how to remove it. I've tried to find a manurfacture number on the item and i could not find one and ive completely pulled the fixture of the ceiling. Thanks for the quick reply!