Advice on ceiling fan for bedroom? Quiet, cheap, quality?

Old 08-25-07, 02:52 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on ceiling fan for bedroom? Quiet, cheap, quality?

Looking to pickup a ceiling fan for my bedroom. My apartment, when I moved in, was supplied with a living room fan, but I'm wanting something for my room as well.

Looking for:

Quiet, lasting, good amount of air circulation/cooling, want to look at options with and without lighting, cheap. I do realize there will be trade-offs in that last, quiet meets cost and so on, but I can work with that.

What brands and models should I look at?

Where should I go for a decent deal?

~Thanks.

Old 08-25-07, 05:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Harbor Breeze and Casablanca are good brands and they are handled by the big box stores. Personally I like Hunter fans. They are adaptable to canopy remotes, so you don't have to wire the fan and light switches separately. Most likely you only have a ceiling light and one switch anyway. One word of caution, you must install the fan in a fan rated ceiling box which is attached properly for support, so check that out first. Most apartments I have lived in the ceiling box would barely hold up a light, much less a fan.

Old 08-26-07, 09:25 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I've put three fans in this house and the one made by Hunter is my favorite. Around here, code requires any light box not in a hallway be able to support a ceiling fan.

Old 08-27-07, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
We have the least expensive brushed nickel and wood look fan from Harbor Breeze that we got at Lowes for $50. No light. Easy install and so far very happy with it (about 9 months old). We'll be putting in the very same one in three other spots in the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: