ceiling fan lights went dim after 2 months

Old 10-10-07, 07:06 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ceiling fan lights went dim after 2 months

the lights were fine for 2 months but all of a sudden only are a faint glow. i tried new bulbs with no help. The fan has a remote control that i wired in at the initial installation with no problems. The fan continues to work fine with the remote and can cycle through the three speeds. Its like the bulbs lost power (there are two bulbs and both went dim at the same time) - loose wire, bad capacitor? any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! thx!

Old 10-10-07, 08:34 AM
R
Is there a dimmer involved? Does the remote allow the light bulbs to be dimmed? Have you measured the voltage at the lights to see what they are receiving?

Old 10-10-07, 08:59 AM
J
On your remote transmitter, press down on the light button and hold it down for ten seconds. Does the light brighten and dim?

Old 10-12-07, 12:01 PM
T
that one worked! (holding down the remote button for the light) - i didn't know that the remote had any dimming function. Much appreciated as you saved me a lot of work - i already installed and de-installed a first fan since my wife didn't like it. With a new baby in the house i wasn't looking forward to messing around with it again, let alone the prospect of dropping another couple hundred on a new fan.

thanks again and all the best!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: