Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/light - how to remove of motor assembly?

Old 11-17-07, 11:30 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/light - how to remove of motor assembly?

Hi,

I have been searching in vain for the remote-control dip switches in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. This is a rental apartment and I don't have a manual, or know the model.

I know that the newer models sold at Home Depot have a separate, bright-orange receiver which stores in the canopy, but that's not the case with mine. I've read that the dip switches may be on top of the motor housing.

How do I get to the top of the motor housing? My fan has a "flying saucer" above the fan blades and a thick cylinder between the fan blades and the lights. (I wish I could get a photo up here!) I'm assuming that the saucer contains the motor housing. There are three screws on top, but if I loosen them I only loosen the bottom of the saucer casing.

On top of the saucer is a small cone which lifts to reveal a few pins which look like the connect the lower part of the assembly to the canopy above. Do I need to take the fan off the ceiling using these pins to get to the top of the motor assembly?

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Steve

Old 11-17-07, 01:04 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think that in your case it probably be best to take the fan off. yes most fans the motor is where the fan blades connect to the blade receiver . if you take the fan off you will be abel to work more comfortably and be able to see how it is put together,to better understand what goes where. you can even take off the blades [mark them first] and then you can take it with you to where ever you need to match the parts you need. WHEN EVER WORKING ON ELECTRIC ,MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF POWER AT THE BREAKER just because you turn off the switch does not mean there is no power! good luck..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: