Fluorescent light


Old 11-17-07, 05:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fluorescent light

I am trying to fix kitchen light under kitchen cabinet. It is a starter-type fluorescent straight tube light. The bulb burned out so I bought a new bulb. It didn't work. Then I bought a new starter but it still didn't work. So I bought a new ballast but before I try replacing the old ballast, I want to ask a question.

Here's what my old ballast has imprinted on it:

For 14-15-20-22 LAMP
35 AMP 118V 60HZ
Listed Ballast

This is what the new ballast has imprinted on it:

CAT LC-14-20-C
14, 115, 18, 20W LMP
120V 60HZ 360 MA
704G-Listed AN130

I removed the metal cover over the wiring trough and there is a sticker that says:

Do not use on a supply circuit of more than 118 volts.

So here's my question:

Is it safe to use the new ballast even though it says 120V or should I try to find one that says 118V?
Old 11-17-07, 06:42 PM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: welland ontario
Posts: 7,733
Received 300 Votes on 257 Posts
Use it. Normal household voltage ranges from 110 to 130 volts. 120 volt is just a nominal value used.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: