Halo vs. Juno

Old 11-19-07, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Halo vs. Juno

I was wondering if I could get some well informed opinions on the recessed lighting products of Juno and Halo.

My resource has given me a choice of either brand and is recommending Halo. I am installing CFL recessed lighting in a new kitchen and would like any pointers, opinions, and recommendations on those and under-cabinet lighting.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-07, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Both Halo and Juno i dont genrally have much issue with them and both are pretty good prodcuts i work with those can for many years.

it pretty common around here but just keep in your mind a wise advise to you is not get intermix with diffrent brand names cans because some of the trim will not fit.

for the CFL ressced cans on commercal side they been good to me but resdentail it is not too bad depending on the wattage itself there are pretty wide slection to chose from.
[ most common size i usally used is 23 watt verison it about the same as 100 watt insdenct lightbulb brightness ][but they do have dimmable verison but kinda pricey and may have to order from electrical supply centre and have matching controller too]

for the undercabent luminaires it pretty wide open but just stay away from halogen plucks they crank out too much heat IMO.

normally flourscent undercabent luminaires is my first choice the next choice is the Xenon [ not the halogen verison type ]
either line or low voltage will work [ but becarefull with low voltage they are pretty picky with voltage drop]

for hard wired undercabents luminaires do not hook them to the SABC [ small appanaice branch circuits ] the code is very specfic with this.

I just heard not too long ago they came out with LED undercabent light but IMO for me i will just wait until i see it myself before i can really comment on that one.

Merci, Marc