Timered outdoor christmas lights started blinking - help!

Old 12-01-07, 08:10 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Timered outdoor christmas lights started blinking - help!

Hi,

This is driving me crazy! I put up the outdoor christmas lights, on 2 different timers on outlets on 2 different sides of the house. All was well, they came on at dusk and went off 6 hours later, as they were supposed to. The next day I added lights around the garage. These garage lights were NOT strung together with any of the previous lights, they were plugged into a different outlet on one of the timers (that timer has 2 plugs). I didn't disturb or change or add to any of the lights that had been put up the day before.

Once I did that, ALL the lights on BOTH timers on the outlets on 2 different sides of the house all started blinking and won't stop! My first thought was a faulty timer or faulty outlet, but I don't understand why 2 different timers on 2 different outlets on 2 different sides of the house would be affected.

The only way to get the lights on steady is if I change the timers to on all the time, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a timer, if I have to go outside and turn them all off.
HELP!

Thank you!

Old 12-01-07, 11:19 PM
F
i am leaning more likely the light reflect to the timer photocell when it get dark the timer come on and somehow you add more string [ lights ] to it and the light lumiated to the photocell and cause it to turn it off then when get dark [ light go out ] then turn the light back on.

one way you can do this is reloacted the light away from the photocell on the timer or readjust the timer so it dont get all the light reflection to it.

Merci, Marc

Old 12-03-07, 12:08 AM
S
Thank you Marc, you are a genius.

When I went out to check, I didn't think that was the problem, as there was not a bulb in front of the sensor on either of the timers, not even close, really. But just to be sure, I turned the timers fully around and sure enough, the lights stayed on!
Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: