Hanging Christmas lights on gutters...

Old 01-05-08, 10:15 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hanging Christmas lights on gutters...

Hello, We're going to some of the "big box" stores today and maybe getting some holiday decorations for next year since there almost giving them away--75% off! Going to get some standard minitature light sets to hang along the roofline and peak.(I think the LED lights are ugly) So what would be the best and easiest way to hang them without damaging the house(i.e. screwing them in, drilling, etc.)? We have those metal mesh guards on our gutters so that makes it even harder. Will those small 3M Command holiday clips work if we adhere them on the lip of the gutter and the peak?(the roofline is probably 18 ft. off the ground and the peak is probably at least 25 ft. off the ground. Would obviously use an extension ladder.

..Any other tips would be greatly appreciated..
--have looked at other forums and found nothing..

-thanks have a great day!

Old 01-05-08, 03:15 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you are buying new lights, you're being foolish to buy non-LED lights. They make LED light sets that look just like regular bulbs. I have also found that LED sets are also better quality sets. My miniature sets rarely lasted more than one two seasons outside, but my LED sets have held up much better.

As for attaching the light to gutters, either buy clips for this purpose or buy lights that have built in clips.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: