Lost remote for ceiling fan help

Old 02-23-08, 09:22 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lost remote for ceiling fan help

Hello, I just moved into a house that has a beautiful celing fan in the bedroom. When I turn on the light switch on the wall, nothing happens (no light or fan)....I pull on the two chains on the fan and still nothing works. After talking to the previous owner, he told me the celing fan is remote controlled but he said they lost the remote control. So now my question is....is that why the fan won't work, because of the lost remote?? What would be the best way to fix this problem.....get a new remote, or bypass the remote module???

Old 02-23-08, 03:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You can go to the home center and look for a replacement remote for that brand and model. You will have to drop the bell down from the ceiling and note the dip pin settings on the receiver. Match the dip pin settings in the remote to those in the fan bell. You should be ready to go.

Old 02-25-08, 07:24 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what kind - make/model is the ceiling fan ...

what kind - make/model is the ceiling fan ... , i may be able to track down the source code for it and put it on a cheap universal remote from giant tiger ($8) or keyless entry - on, off, like a car arm device on you key chain.

Last edited by mattison; 02-26-08 at 06:50 AM. Reason: No personal contact offers in the forums please.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: