work light

Old 02-29-08, 07:40 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
work light

I consider myself pretty knowlegable in the electrical field but here is proboably a simple question. I have a 4' flouresent work light in my shop that i put in maybe 10 years ago. When i switch on at the wall switch the one bulb flickers and makes an irritating pulsating noise. I rotate the bulb and it usually stops. I tried changing bulbs but it persists. Should i consider replacing the starter. is there a starter for each bulb

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-08, 10:06 PM
I
I would say you got your moneys worth. Dont fool with it replace it. Try a new T8 fixture. You'll like these. (solid core ballasts cost almost as much as some of these fixtures!)

INDII

Old 02-29-08, 11:14 PM
F
Originally Posted by forcheck View Post
I consider myself pretty knowlegable in the electrical field but here is proboably a simple question. I have a 4' flouresent work light in my shop that i put in maybe 10 years ago. When i switch on at the wall switch the one bulb flickers and makes an irritating pulsating noise. I rotate the bulb and it usually stops. I tried changing bulbs but it persists. Should i consider replacing the starter. is there a starter for each bulb
Most modern shop luminiares dont useally have a starter in the bulb they are rapid start type and they are senestive to grounding so it pretty critcal to have good grounding to get them working properly.

IMO it much better just get new shop luminaire they useally come in electronic ballast which it much quieter and get one with the 32w T-8 bulbs they will save little more juice and far much quiter than old school shop luminaires are. [ they don't cost very much they are common in big box store useally less than 20 bucks.]

Merci, Marc