Recessed lights--differing light bulb depths

Old 03-29-08, 09:50 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Recessed lights--differing light bulb depths

I recently had six recessed lights (old work) installed in my family room. On four of them, the lights sit quite "deep" in the fixture, meaning, the distance from the tip of the bulb (flood style) to the end of the trim. Two others have the bulb noticeably closer to the trim. This is pretty minor, but is there a way for me to adjust this?

By the way, I know for a fact that the fixtures and bulbs are all identical.

Old 03-29-08, 10:02 AM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Yepper there is some adjustment on the cans you will have to take the trim cover off first [ it will be much eaiser to do that way ] then loosen up the wingnut which it will hold the socket and slide it up about half to threequarter inches up then retighen up then put the trim back on then check the bulb depth you should able get it up there pretty good

[ just remember to turn off the breaker for this one for safety sake myself i never trust the switch at all espcally with the dimmers and threeway's ]

it will take few min but it will work good once you adjust it

Merci,Marc

Old 03-29-08, 10:51 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Marc. I will try it out. By the way, I appreciate all the time you spend here giving out advice.

Old 03-29-08, 10:58 AM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
sure i am gald to help ya with it and also let me add one more trick along the way just grab needle nose pliars because some of the trim cover do hold by springs and they can be pain in the rearend and it much quicker this way as well.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: