Ceiling Fan Won't Work

Old 06-12-08, 09:22 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan Won't Work

I have a Hunter ceiling fan .. the lights work but the fan won't run .. both are on the same wall switch .. any ideas?

Old 06-13-08, 05:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Tell us what wires you have hooked to which in the bell of the ceiling fan. You will need to hook both the blue and black wires to the hot wire from the switch. Now, if you have a switch loop, that may be a different story, that is why we need to know the wiring before we give more info.

Old 06-13-08, 08:44 AM
J
Is this a new installation? Or did it used to work? Does the fan have pull chains? Does the fan motor hum?

Old 06-14-08, 09:10 PM
H
Had the fan for several years .. used to work ok .. has pull chains for light & fan .. separate wall switch for light & fan..no motor hum in fan

Old 06-14-08, 09:21 PM
F
Is your wall switch is standard type or fan speed controller type ??

If standard switch it possiblty that you have a connection came loose or bad pull chain switch.

Merci,Marc

Old 06-15-08, 10:42 AM
H
Standard switch .. will check it today .. thanks ..

Old 06-29-08, 09:45 AM
C
Herdfan, I have installed a "5 minute Hunter fan" June 15th this year and yesterday the thing stopped spinning. After multiple pulls and tries, checking power and breakers I left is alone and turned off the wall switch. This morning I tried it again and after a couple of pulls on the chains it started spinning again. Before the hour was up, it stopped and I cannot get it working again. I do feel a slight vibration when it is turned on though so I know the power is getting to the fan. Is this what is happening to you? If so, how did you determine what switch needed to be replaced? Any ideas of what may be wrong with mine? Sorry to bust in on your post but it is the only one that looks similar to my issue.

thanks,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: