Help with Halo H27ICT shallow housings....

Old 07-15-08, 10:07 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with Halo H27ICT shallow housings....

I installed three of the Halo H27ICT housings in the ceiling of my attic (built out to a home office). Cieling is low (about 7 feet) so I wanted recessed lighting. 2x6 rafters above so I had to go with these shallow housings.

When I bought the housings at Home Depot the sales rep told me I could make these Air-Tite with special trims.

Well, three months later my build out is finished and I'm ready to put the trims in. Only the sales rep I talked to is gone and nobody seems to know what I'm talking about.

Halo's website show's 2 trims that will fit the H27ICT (an eyeball and a frosted lense trim for showers) that are rated air-tite). Not exactly what I'm looking for in this attic environment. THe eyeballs hang down a few inches and I'm thinking they'll leave shadows on the ceiling. And a frosted lense...? not sure I like that route either.

Anyone know of any other solutions? A different manufacturer perhaps?

Since I was limited as far as insulation I could put in the attic roof I want to minimize heat loss as much as possible and would like air-tit trims on these.

THanks.

Old 07-16-08, 04:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You could have a glazier cut round pieces of glass to replace the frosted glass. With limited space above, you will experience heat build up inside the housing, since you won't have any place for the heat to go. Using a standard ring won't cause that much of a heat loss. Using the air tight rings will cut down drastically on the wattage of bulb you can use, also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: