electric safety question

Old 07-26-08, 12:50 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
electric safety question

I need some advice. I don't really know anything about electrical work and wiring.

I live in an apartment and today I got a leak in my apartment. I am on the first floor and the leak is coming from the apartment above. I have a section of carpet that is wet, about 7' by 9' this got wet from the water coming between the walls and then to the floor, since there really has only been about 3 cups worth of water that actually dripped visually from the ceiling. The wall is all wet and the drywall is wet around an outlet. There is also a ceiling fan about 3-4 feet from the spot were the water is dripping from the ceiling and the ceiling fan hasn't been working great lately. The light bulb keeps burning out and the fan, when it has ran, will occasionally stutter sort of.

In addition, I have a storage closet, that is right against the same wall on the other side. The is a light bulb that is screwed in the fixture there. There is about a 2-3 inch radius around where the light bulb fixture is where it is all wet on the ceiling, and the water that is dripping down (so far about 3-4 gallons worth) is dripping right down the light bulb.

My apartment maintenance is not taking this very seriously. Should I be worried about safety in any way due to electric problems?

Old 07-26-08, 02:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
This same topic was also posted elsewhere and has replies.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=354065

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: