Ceiliing fan- no reverse switch

Old 08-03-08, 10:56 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiliing fan- no reverse switch

I have 2 Hunter units, model unknown, but cheap end 4 blades. They do not have a reversing switch, at least none that are apparent, either by the blades or on the housing where the pull switch is. Is there a solution other than just reversing the wiring?

Old 08-03-08, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
The reversing switches are normally on the switch housing, but I seem to remember my old one was on the motor housing, either on the side or top.

Never saw one w/o a switch, even el cheapo's.

Old 09-23-09, 07:28 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No Switch on Ceiling Fan...

I had a hampton bay fan that absolutely did not have a revers switch on the fan anywhere! MOST fans bought today will reverse. I was not about to give up. I scoured the net for an answer and could not find anything to help. I did however find a comment somewhere that said it could be done internally. After about six months I decided to search again (now). Nothing... so I started playing with the remote and the wall switch and Shazaam! I figured it out on my hampton bay fan. Turn the fan on high... Turn the wall switch off.... wait until the fan is pretty slow in rotation... hold the HI button on the remote.... Turn the switch back on. IT Worked for me! Hope this helps someone. SparqMark

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: