wall switch remote..where can I find that?

Old 09-04-08, 11:07 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wall switch remote..where can I find that?

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but here goes...

I have an older relative who doesn’t get around well. They want me to install a remote to their overhead light in Master Bedroom. That is, be able to control the wall switch remotely.

They already have one of these in another room. It is a switch that replaces the original wall switch so it can operate manually (normally), but adds a second switch you can mount across the room. The prodict is old, but surely it still exists. No kind of marking I can find as to manaufacturer.

I went to Lowes…HD….no one can help. They can offer $35-50 ceiling fan remotes…but that’s overkill…its one little light. This isn’t a “smart house” and I am not trying to fry an egg or fix a latte from the bedroom…just kill the overhead light so Granny doesn’t have to get out of bed. I see many remotes to plug say a bedside lamp into...but this is to control an overhead...so its more of a wallswitch remote.

Any suggestions what this product is called and or where to find one?

Thanks.

THB

Old 09-04-08, 01:22 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You said "no one can help" but the truth is that you just haven't found the person that can help. Somewhere in both HD and Lowes, they sell a "remote switch". You just need to find it, or find the person who knows where to find it.

Old 09-04-08, 01:56 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Duplicate thread. Post further responses at:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=358702

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: