Removing Fluorescent Light Fixture!?!?!

Old 09-21-08, 03:12 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing Fluorescent Light Fixture!?!?!

I am trying to remove an old, one bulb fluorescent light fixture over my sink. I have the cover off, the bulb out and now I cannot seem to get the metal cover off to expose screws, wiring, etc. I can pry off one end of the cover but the middle seems like it is on tight, but it does not look to be screwed on or kept on by any means other than popping onto a lip for lack of official terms! My wife is growing impatient and I feel sure I am just not pulling hard enough but I don't want to rip the fixture down. I've replaced fans, fixtures, etc. before but not fluorescents. Thanks!

Old 09-21-08, 06:36 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It depending on which type of flourscent luminaire there are few ways you can get it off.

Most common resdential luminaire what you do is squezze the channel it will come off they have small clip due the shape of the cover so .,, just sqezze it little more it will pop off otherwise you can take a photo and download it here and we can able tell which way to do that due there are a tons of diffrent way to get it open.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: