1950s low voltage relay parts for GE

Old 10-12-08, 05:34 PM
1950s low voltage relay parts for GE

I need wall switchs for GE low voltage relay system from 50s and 60s. I assume any intermittant rocker switch that is a wall plate design would work, where to find?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-08, 05:54 PM
I don't remember the answer, but this same question comes up here from time to time. Try searching both this forum and the electrical forum. You may have to go back a while. The answer has been posted here a number of times.

Old 10-13-08, 04:18 AM
If they're GE RR-7 relays with the three-wire LV switches, any spring-loaded center detent switch will work provided it can pulse one wire to turn the relay on and the other to turn it off. The third wire is common, and the fourth (if present) provides 24vdc to the switch's light.

GE also makes motion-sensor switches for those relays.

Old 10-30-08, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by eaglepines View Post
I need wall switchs for GE low voltage relay system from 50s and 60s. I assume any intermittant rocker switch that is a wall plate design would work, where to find?
I have a few of the old GE rocker switches that I have collected for my system. I also have a few of the original GE switch plate covers.

Old 10-30-08, 10:07 PM
I know there are few manufacters do make the montoery switch format { SPDT } and they do have both in toggle switch and rocker switch format so let us know which one then I can able dail in more excat catalog number.

Keep in your mind this type of switch is not a common run of mill type which you useally don't find this in Big box store much unless it is specal order other wise a electrical supply centre will have something like this stocked.

Merci,Marc

Old 02-01-09, 12:19 PM
This sounds like the same switch I need for my mother-in-laws house. Can you direct me as to where I can get my hands on the 3 line rocker switch?

Old 02-01-09, 07:00 PM
Upvotes Received: 16
You will most likely need to contact a large supply house that deals in commercial and industrial supplies. The low-voltage relay systems are very popular in computer-controlled energy management systems. They still use the switches you require for local overide of the EMCS. I can pretty much guarantee that any request made at a home center help desk will result in a look like you just told them you flew in on the shuttle from Saturn.