t8 fluorescent light wiring

Old 10-30-08, 05:41 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
t8 fluorescent light wiring

I am not sure how to wire a four bulb 8 foot fluorescent light. The fixture has four 4 ft tubes. There is a yellow wire to either end of the fixture and then two blue and two red wires in the center. Should the reds (tombstones) be back to back, or side by side backed against a blue? There is a schematic on the ballast, but I don't know the bulb sequence so it doesn't really help answer that question. The ballast is made by Sylvania. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a schematic that is the same as whats on my ballast.

Wiring Diagram for 03093B

Old 10-30-08, 06:02 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
as you look at the fixture with two lamps on your left and two on the right.

one yellow and goes to one end of both lamps (same end) on one side. one wire, either red or blue, goes to the other end of one of those lamps and the other wire of the same color goes to the lamp next to it.

The other yellow goes to the two other lamps and the 2 same color wires left go to the opposite end of those lamps, one wire to each lamp.

Old 10-30-08, 09:28 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Everything works great. I wasn't sure if I would damage the ballast or short something out by having them in the wrong order.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: