Hanging pool table lights suspended ceiling

Old 12-13-08, 03:44 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hanging pool table lights suspended ceiling

Hi, haven't been here in a while! We are opening a teen nightclub which have 12 ft. high suspended ceilings. We have a couple traditional style pool table lights which hang by 2 chains as they are the long, rectangular type. We would like to use these lights over the two pool tables, however the suspended ceilings are 12 ft. high. I feel this is too long for chain suspension, they'd always be moving at that length! Would a heavier chain be less susceptible to constant swinging when the light gets bumped?

I am looking for suggestions. Would an all-thread rod be too long, I figure they'd have to be about 8' long? Open to any and all comments!

Thanks,

Howard

Old 12-13-08, 07:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Either a heavier chain or allthread would work, but the most important part will be how it is attached to the superstructure above the suspended ceiling. Hooks in the ceiling joisting will work for the hooks. Hooks and turnbuckles would work for the allthread.

Old 12-13-08, 07:24 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was leaning towards the allthread, but didn't know how to fasten it above. Turnbuckles are the perfect solution! Good, strong hooks fastened to the joists and you get easy level control via the turnbuckles. Perfect!

Thanks Chandler and Merry Christmas!

Howard

Old 12-15-08, 04:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Howard: remember one end of the turnbuckle is right hand and the other is left hand. Hang the left hand and leave the right hand hanging down for your all thread.

Have a Merry CHRISTmas yourself, friend.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: