Recessed LED Lighting..Good Idea?

Old 12-22-08, 07:22 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Recessed LED Lighting..Good Idea?

I am looking to add some recessed lighting to my sons' bedroom. If I was going to add regular incandescent lighting I would add 200 - 300 watts total. The space I am trying to light is pretty dark. But I would like to keep the heat and energy consumption to a minimum.

Is LED lighting a good option? Can I get this amount of light with LEDs? I am also concerned about the type of light produced (ie wavelength as compared to natural light). I would like to be able to light the space but still using softer lighting since it is a bedroom.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 12-22-08, 09:21 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It depending on the type of luminaire you will plan to use and I do have limited experncie with LED luminaries some do work very well and some are not worth a " hoot " so it pretty new game to get into.

The other facter it will affect is the cost right now I know LED do cost more to buy it but to use it everyday the electric useage is very low and they do have very long bulb life as well.,

If you going with recessed can route I pretty sure I know there in market now they have retrofit verison to fit in the recessed cans.

let me know if you going with recessed can route or other so I can able post the proper item up here for ya.

Merci,Marc

Old 12-23-08, 05:59 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am planning on going with the recessed cans. I don't need the retrofit versions as there is nothing in the ceiling right now, so this would be new cans.

Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: